Welcome!

On January 12, 2010 I will be embarking on my first European adventure. What sort of fun can I get into in 5 mos. in Vienna and beyond? We are all about to find out.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Ball: Here are pictures. I know you all want to hear about it but I have been pretty busy. The pace of life has just picked up and I am still under the weather. Not from the ball but from before so I have to go to the doctor today. I promise a wonderfully full description this evening!
The traditional dancing room. This was so much fun--lots of polka and weird dances that not only could a not understand but definitely didn't know.
Alicia snapped this when I decided to "squeeze the juice" and dived into a ring dance. The men and women's circles jept getting off so I ended up dancing with this wonderful lady. Glad to know there are practical Viennese woman like me!
The opening of the ball with the debutantes in white. This room was the later scene of the traditional waltz and the Quadrille.
L->R: Linkhai from NYC, Denise from Missouri/just got back from Japan, Lauren (roommate of Noelle and Denise), Me!, and Noelle. I am on the stairs of the opening. Woot!

Alright. I have to go to German class now.

Happy Twirling!

No comments:

Post a Comment