I am not quite so certain about the second statement in the title. My bags are indeed packed but the ready to go is another can of worms. Ready to be gone: yes. Ready to leave: no. Big difference those two things. Times of transition make me antsy and a bit grumpy. I always feel caught between what I would still like to do before I leave and what I feasibly have time to accomplish. I also have to remind myself to sit and smell the Central Illinois air once in a while. It's been so cold here that everything smells crisp--pretty darn good for calming down my rather busy brain.
Random things I have deemed necessary to take with me on this trip:
-Climbing gear (who ever would have guessed?)
-Edna St. Vicent Millay Sonnets and a small collection of T.S. Eliot (these come with me everywhere even though I only read them occasionally)
-Chaco's (there is nothing better for running around on warm-ish spring days)
-Fleece sleeping bag liner (I am making a guess that this will be the most useful thing I decided to pack)
-Bunny Bear (I decided to leave behind the baby blanket but the bear I have slept with since birth had to come along)
Luggage count: 3
-One external frame backpack
-One 22in. carry-on rolling suitcase
-One small carry-on duffle that connects to rolling suitcase
Hello world. Bring it on.
I will be flying to Heathrow where I will meet up with my friend Noelle. We then have the same flight to Vienna followed by a public transit adventure to find our hostel. I had a anal moment yesterday and typed up all the travel directions for the next 48 hours until we hit orientation and someone who knows what they are doing can take over for a while. Orientation will hopefully be fun--there will likely be another post later on why I hate orientations so much. However, for now I will work on keeping an open mind.
Next time I write I will be 6-9 hours ahead depending on your location.
Happy traveling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment